(NGA panel, God the Father Surrounded by Angels and Cherubim):
Alphonse Kann [1870-1948], Paris; purchased January 1917 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); sold 12 November 1920 to Robert Lehman [1892-1969], New York; sold June 1943 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1952 to NGA.
 X Book, Reel 422, Duveen Brothers Records, accession number 960015, Research Library, The Getty Research Institute, Los Angeles.
 See copy of the Duveen Brothers bill of sale to Robert Lehman, in NGA curatorial files. Robert Lehman was the son of Philip Lehman [1861-1947], and they collaborated on the formation of the Lehman collection.
 The bill of sale between Robert Lehman and the Kress Foundation for fifteen paintings, including "God the Father and Angels," is dated 11 June 1943; payment was made four days later (copy in NGA curatorial files).
(MMA panel, The Nativity):
Charles Butler [1822-1910), Warren Wood, Hatfield, Hertford, by 1897; (Thos. Agnew & Sons, Ltd., London); purchased March 1904 by Robert Henry [1850-1929] and Evelyn Holford [1856-19434] Benson, London; returned to (Thos. Agnew & Sons, Ltd., London); purchased June 1905 by Alexandre Imbert. George and Florence Blumenthal, New York, by 1917; gift 1941 to The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York.
- (MMA panel) Exhibition of Pictures of the School of Siena, Burlington Fine Arts Club, London, 1904, no. 33.
- (MMA panel) Loan Exhibition of Italian Primitives, F. Kleinberger Galleries, New York, 1917, no. 64.
- (MMA panel) Fiftieth Anniversary Exhibition, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1920, unnumbered catalogue.
- (NGA panel) Recent Additions to the Kress Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1946, no. 799.
- (joined NGA and MMA panels) Painting in Renaissance Siena, 1420-1500, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1988-1989, nos. 65a, 65b, repro., as God the Father Surrounded by Angels.
- Lehman, Robert. The Philip Lehman Collection, New York: Paintings. Paris, 1928: no. LII, repro. (NGA panel).
- Weller, Allen. Francesco di Giorgio 1439-1501. Chicago, 1943: NGA panel: 60, 63, 67-69, fig. 13; MMA panel: 62-64, 108, 117, 226, 253, fig. 11.
- (NGA panel) Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1945 (reprinted 1947, 1949): 51, repro.
- (NGA panel) Frankfurter, Alfred M. Supplement to the Kress Collection in the National Gallery. New York, 1946: 32, repro.
- (NGA panel) Cairns, Huntington, and John Walker, eds., Great Paintings from the National Gallery of Art. New York, 1952: 28, color repro.
- (NGA panel) Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 80, repro.
- (NGA panel) Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.. New York, 1963 (reprinted 1964 in French, German, and Spanish): 299, repro.
- (NGA panel) Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 51.
- (NGA panel) Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XIII-XV Century. London, 1966: 153-154, fig. 416.
- (NGA panel) European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 44, repro.
- (NGA panel) European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 134, repro.
- (NGA panel) Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:190-191, II:pl. 132
- (NGA panel) Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 80, no. 30, color repro.
- (NGA panel) European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 160, repro.
- Toledano, Ralph. Francesco di Giorgio Martini. Pittore e scultore. Milan, 1987: NGA panel: 15, 31, 33, 55, 60-62, cat. 17, fig. 13; MMA panel: 63-64, cat. 18, fig. 14.
- (joined NGA and MMA panels) Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 278-282, color repro.