Marks and Labels
(Duveen Brothers, Inc.); sold 1 December 1903 to Peter A.B. Widener; inheritance from Estate of Peter A.B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park; gift 1942 to NGA.
- François Boucher in North American Collections: One Hundred Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Art Institute of Chicago, 1973-1974, not in catalogue or brochure (shown only in Washington).
- Fanciful Flourishes: Ornament in European Graphic Art and Related Objects, 1300-1800, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994, brochure, no. 76.
- Rococo: The Continuing Curve, 1720-2008, Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, New York, 2008, unnumbered catalogue, fig. 10.
- Huth, Hans. Lacquer of the West. London, 1971: pl. 237.
- National Gallery of Art, Washington. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 311, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection