Overview

No overview available.

Inscription

beneath the shelf at the center of the back, stenciled in ink: B.V.R.B.; in red chalk beneath the shelf, perhaps a number from when it was in the Pierpont Morgan collection: PM 96

Marks and Labels

null

Provenance

J. Pierpont Morgan [1837-1913], New York. (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); sold 9 December 1915 to Peter A.B. Widener, Lynnewood Hall, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania;[1] inheritance from Estate of Peter A.B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; gift 1942 to NGA.

Exhibition History
Bibliography
Technical Summary