No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Mme. Marion de Bressellogue, Chateau Longue, near Toulouse. (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 19 December 1907 by Peter A.B. Widener, Lynnewood Hall, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; inheritance from Estate of Peter A.B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; gift 1942 to NGA.
- François Boucher in North American Collections: One Hundred Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Art Institute of Chicago, 1973-1974, not in catalogue or brochure (shown only in Washington).
- Fanciful Flourishes: Ornament in European Graphic Art and Related Objects, 1300-1800, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994, brochure, no. 91.
- Works of Art from the Widener Collection. Foreword by David Finley and John Walker. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 18.
- Boger, Louise Ade. The Complete Guide to Furniture Styles. New York, 1959: 117, pl. 150.
- Boutemy, André. "Cressent, les motifs qui permettent de le reconnaître." Connaissance des Arts 136 (June 1963): 76-77, fig. 13.
- Blakemore, Robbie G. History of Interior Design and Furniture, From Ancient Egypt to Nineteenth-Century Europe. New York, 1997: 221, repro.
- Ferment, Claude. Guide du meuble à écrire. Paris, 2003: 61.
- Pradère, Alexandre. Charles Cressent: sculpteur, ébéniste du Régent. Dijon, 2003: 127-128, 130 n. 30, 133, 244, 268 no. 58, 334 notes on no. 5, 339 notes on no. 118, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection