No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Marquis de Montault, Château de la Terte, Trescuel, L'Aigle, Normandy. Lord Hastings, London. (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); sold 1908 to Peter A.B. Widener, Lynnewood Hall, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; inheritance from Estate of Peter A.B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; gift 1942 to NGA.
- Chinese Porcelains in European Mounts, China House Gallery, China Institute in American, New York, 1980, no. 30.
- Mounted Chinese Porcelain, traveling exh. organized by the International Exhibitions Foundation, shown at The Frick Collection, New York; The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, Missouri; Center for the Fine Arts, Miami, 1986-1987, no. 32.
- Fanciful Flourishes: Ornament in European Graphic Art and Related Objects, 1300-1800, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994, brochure, no. 78, as Chinese Vase in the Form of a Goldfish, on French Gilt-Bronze Mount by Chinese Qing Dynasty and Fre
- Loan to display with permanent collection, Seattle Art Museum, 2007-2009.
- Works of Art from the Widener Collection. Foreword by David Finley and John Walker. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 19.
- Christensen, Erwin O. Chinese Porcelains of the Widener Collection. Washington, 1947 (rev. ed. 1956): 26; 1956, 30.
- Lunsingh Scheurleer 1980, 95, fig. 331.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 34, color repro. 35.
- Mounted Chinese Porcelain. Exh. cat. The Frick Collection, New York; The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, Missouri; Center for the Fine Arts, Miami. Organized by International Exhibitions Foundation, Washington, D.C., 1986: no. 32.
- Bower, Virginia, Josephine Hadley Knapp, Stephen Little, and Robert Wilson Torchia. Decorative Arts, Part II: Far Eastern Ceramics and Paintings; Persian and Indian Rugs and Carpets. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1998: 261-263, color repro.
The condition of both the porcelain and the gilt bronze mount is excellent.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection