by later hands, upper paste-down upper right in brown ink: 89-78-5; upper left in graphite: 89/320/EXVA / First issue, with plates before letters / overslips (F.G.I.R(2)) / cf.E.P. Goldschnidt, cat. 165/68 ; lower center: ref: Rech and wallace "Italian Etchers of Renaissance & Baroque" / Mus Fine Arts Boston 1989 - item109 / This copy: first edition, proof copy (underlined) (unique?) with all / plates prior to letters in upper right corners of plates / note (underlined) title page shows originally the stigmata was on St. Francis' left side and is here corrected by / hand - regular first edition shows stigmata on St. Francis' right side; lower paste-down: 2800/621; on lower cover across top, read in reverse through velum: Edcr bi Fele Marvhiarcde 4 Conventi / 1753
(Marlborough Rare Books); purchased 1989 by Arthur and Charlotte Vershbow, Boston; (sale, Christie's New York, 20 June 2013, no. 621); purchased 2013 by NGA.
- Bartsch, Adam. The Illustrated Bartsch: Italian Artists of the Sixteenth Century. 38. New York: 1983, nos. 130-136.
- Conigliello, Lucilla. Vedute del Sacro Monte della Verna. Florence: 1999, nos. 1-23.
- Plan of the Rooms and Church of the Sacred Monastery (Pianta di parte della loggia e del sacro eremo)
- The Site of the Bed and Oratory of Saint Francis (Luogo del 'letto' e dell'oratorio di San Francesco)
- View of the Quadrant: the Main Door, the Square, the Church and the Loggia of the Monastery of the Monte della Vernia (Prospettiva dell'ingresso della prima porta, con la Piazza, Chiesa, & Loggie del Monastero del Monte della Vernia, come sta quest'Anno MDCXII)