lower left in watercolor: HOMER
Perk Van Lith, New York; (M. Knoedler & Co., New York, 1919); (Scott & Fowles, New York, 1919); James Parmelee, Washington, DC, 1920; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1941; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art
- Winslow Homer and the Critics: Forging a National Art in the 1870s, Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, MO; Los Angles County Museum of Art, CA; High Museum of Art, Atlanta, GA, 2001-2002, p. 113, no. 88.
- Focus on the Corcoran: Works on Paper, 1860-1990, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2015
- Corcoran Gallery of Art. Masterpieces of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 1959: p. 56.
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 76, no. 478.
- Heartney, Eleanor, ed. A Capital Collection: Masterworks from the Corcoran Gallery of Art. London, 2002: pp. 50-51.
- Goodrich, Lloyd and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer. New York, 2005: II: p. 429, no.607.