lower left in watercolor: HOMER
Perk Van Lith, New York, NY; (M. Knoedler & Co., 1919); (Scott & Fowles, 1919); James Parmelee, Washington, DC, 1920; bequest to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1941; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art
- Winslow Homer and the Critics: Forging a National Art in the 1870s, The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, Feb 18-May 6, 2001; Los Angles County Mus. of Art, Jun 10-Sept 9, 2001; High Museum of Art, Atlanta, Oct 6-Jan 6, 2002.
- Focus on the Corcoran: Works on Paper, 1860-1990, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2015.
- Corcoran Gallery of Art. Masterpieces of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 1959: 56, repro.
- Crocker Simmons, Linda and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American drawings, watercolors, pastels, and collages in the collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC, 1983: no. 478.
- Nygren, Edward J. and Linda Crocker Simmons. American Masters: Works on Paper from the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC, 1986: no. 16, p. 30, 32-33.
- Winslow Homer and the Critics. Exh. cat. Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, MO; Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Los Angeles; High Museum of Art, Atlanta, 2001-2002: 113, no. 88.
- Heartney, Eleanor, ed. A Capital Collection: Masterworks from the Corcoran Gallery of Art. London, 2002: 50-51.
- Goodrich, Lloyd and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer. New York, 2005: II: no.607, p. 429