lower right plate printed in black ink: Palazzo del Comune / Pistoia; lower right in graphite: Joseph Pennell / Roma; lower left verso in graphite by unknown hand: P.2324
purchased through the Mary E. Maxwell Fund by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1927; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- Wuerth, Louis A. .Catalogue of the Etchings of Joseph Pennell. Alan Wofsy Fine Art: San Francisco, 1988. p. 27, no. 76.