No overview available.
across bottom: MATHEVS OLIVIERI D[OMO]NI IOANNI FILI[US] (Matteo Olivieri, son of Giovanni)
Marks and Labels
(Stefano Bardini [1836-1922], Florence); sold 1924 to (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 15 December 1936 by The A.W. Mellon Educational and Charitable Trust, Pittsburgh; gift 1937 to NGA.
- Fifth Loan Exhibition of Old and Modern Masters, Detroit Institute of Arts, 1927, no. 23, as by Domenico Veneziano.
- Duveen Brothers. Duveen Pictures in Public Collections of America. New York, 1941: no. 41, repro., attributed to Domenico Veneziano, as Portrait of Giovanni Olivieri.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 57, no. 15, as by Domenico Veneziano.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 239, repro. 98, as by Domenico Veneziano.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Mellon Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1949 (reprinted 1953 and 1958): 10, repro., as by Domenico Veneziano
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 42, as by Domenico Veneziano.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 35, repro., as by Domenico Veneziano.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 108, repro., as by Domenico Veneziano.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. Washington, 1979: 1:182-184, 2:pl. 127, as Matteo Olivieri (?).
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 153, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 2003: 266-270, color repro.
- Campbell, Stephen J. and Michael W. Cole. Italian Renaissance Art. New York, 2013: 155-156, color fig. 6.31.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection