Probably (Scott and Fowles, New York), in 1917; Mary Mitchell Blair [d. 1940, Mrs. Chauncey J. Blair), Chicago, by March 1917; her son and daughter-in-law, Chauncey B. and Mildred Marshall Blair [married 1912, divorced 1930]; Mildred Marshall Blair Hayward [married 1932 to John Balcom Hayward]; gift 1965 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Probably loan to display with permanent collection, Art Institute of Chicago, 16 March 1917 - 9 May 1923.
- Past and Present: 250 Years of American Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 15 April - 15 September 1966, unpublished checklist.
- American Genius: William Wilson Corcoran, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 24 January - 4 April 1976, unpublished checklist.
- Elie Nadelman: Sculptor of Modern Life, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 3 April - 20 July 2003, fig. 98.
- American Journeys: Visions of Place, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 21 September 2013 - 28 September 2014, unpublished checklist.