lower right: Sisley.
Edward C. [d. 1915] and Mary Griffin [1855-1937] Walker, Willistead Manor, Walkerville, Ontario, and Washington; bequest 4 May 1937 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Paintings by French Impressionists, Detroit Museum of Art, 1915, cat. no. 52.
- A Selection of Paintings from the Edward C. Walker and Mary Walker Collection, Willistead Art Gallery, Windsor, Ontario, 8-29 October 1958, no. 20, as French Landscape.
- French Masterworks: A Loan Exhibit from the CGA, Museum fo New Mexico, Santa Fe, 1959, No. 25.
- French Painting from Delacroix to Picasso, Stadthalle, Wolfsburg, Germany, 1961, No. 150.
- Die Welt Impressiomosmus, Museum zu Aller heiligen Stadt Schaffhausen, Switzerland, 1963.
- La Vie Moderne: Nineteenth Century French Art from the Corcoran Gallery, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Columbus Museum of Arts and Sciences, Georgia; Mary and Leigh Block Gallery, Northwestern University, Evanston; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Tampa Museum; Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha; Akron Art Museum, 1983-1985, no. 29, repro.
- The Impressionist Tradition in America, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 19 July 2003-18 October 2004, unpublished checklist.
- A Passion for Nature: Landscape Painting from 19th Century France, Art Gallery of Alberta, Edmonton, 15 October 2011-20 February 2012.
- Daulte, François. Alfred Sisley, catalogue raisonne de l'oeuvre peint. Lausanne, 1959: cat. no. 184.
- Cognat, Raymond. Sisley (The Q.L.P. Series). New York, 1978: cover illus. in color.