George M. Oyster, Jr.; bequest 21 January 1924 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Eighth Exhibition: Oil Paintings by Contemporary American Artists, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 18 December 1921-22 January 1922, no. 52.
- Norfolk Museum of Arts and Sciences, 15 June-November 1950, no cat.
- The American Landscape Tradition, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 31 January-31 August 1978.
- The Pennsylvania School of Landscape Painting: An Original American Impressionism, Allentown Art Museum, Pennsylvania; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Westmoreland Museum of Art, Greensburg, Pennsylvania; Brandywine River Museum, Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, 1984-1985.
- Long-term loan, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Washington, 1993-1995.
- Forty-Fifth Biennial: The Corcoran Collects, 1907-1998, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1998, unnumbered checklist.
- The Impressionist Tradition in America, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 19 July 2003-18 October 2004, unpublished checklist.
- Brigham, Gertrude Richardson. "Art and Artists of the Capital." The Washington Post (15 June 1924): A:3.
- Wheeler, Charles V. Redfield. Washington, D.C., 1925: repro.
- Wilson, Vylla Poe. "Fourteenth Biennial Exhibition Focuses Art World's Eyes on Corcoran Gallery Here [exh. review]." The Washington Post (3 March 1935): SA:5.
- Perlman, Bennard B. The Immortal Eight: American Painting from Eakins to the Armory Show. New York, 1962: repro.
- Fletcher, J. M. W. Edward Willis Redfield 1869-1965: An American Impressionist, his Paintigns and the Man behind the Palette. Lahaska, Pennsylvania, 1996: 25, 28 repro., 174.
- Fletcher, J. M. W. Edward Willis Redfield 1869-1965: An American Impressionist, the Redfield Letters Seven Decades of Correspondence Plus. 2 vols. Lahaska, PA , 2002: 1: 199 repro., 210-211.
- Berlow, Ellen, J. "Delware's Rediscovered Artist [exh. review]." Delmarva Quarterly (Winter 2003): 15, 17 repro.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art : American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 313, repro.