Charles C. Glover [1846-1936], Washington; by descent to his granddaughter, Anna Judith Elizabeth Hoyer Millar, Baroness Inchyra [1906-1999], London; gift 16 April 1962 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- A Collection of Oil Paintings by Mr. Edward W. Redfield, N.A., City Art Museum of St. Louis, Missouri, November 1909, no. 36.
- An Exhibition of Oil Paintings by Edward W. Redfield, Albright Art Gallery, Buffalo Fine Arts Academy, 10 October-8 November 1909, no. 36.
- Exhibition of Paintings by Edward W. Redfield, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 17 April-16 May 1909, no. 44.
- Summer Exhibition of Paintings by Edward W. Redfield, Detroit Museum of Art, July-August 1909, no. 40.
- Exhibition of Paintings by Edward W. Redfield, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 3-23 January 1910, no. 31.
- Exhibition of Paintings by Edward W. Redfield, Memorial Art Gallery, Rochester, 1914, no. 32.
- Long-term loan, United States Embassy, London, 1975.
- The Pennsylvania School of Landscape Painting: An Original American Impressionism, Allentown Art Museum, Pennsylvania; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Westmoreland Museum of Art, Greensburg, Pennsylvania; Brandywine River Museum, Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, 1984-1985, (not shown in Chadds Ford).
- Long-term loan, Geico, 1987-1989.
- Long-term loan, United States Embassy, Stockholm, 1994-1998.
- The Impressionist Tradition in America, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 19 July 2003-18 October 2004, unpublished checklist.
- Laurvik, J. Nilsen. "Edward W. Redfield - Landscape Painter." International Studio 41, no. 162 (August 1910): 31-32, repro.
- Phillips, Dorothy W. A Catalogue of the Collection of American Paintings in the Corcoran Gallery of Art. 2 vols. Washington, 1973: 2:80-81, repro.
- Fletcher, J. M. W. Edward Willis Redfield 1869-1965: An American Impressionist, his Paintigns and the Man behind the Palette. Lahaska, Pennsylvania, 1996: 30, fig. 2.
- Winter's Promise: Willard Metcalf in Cornish, New Hampshire 1909-1920. MacAdam, Barbara J. Hood Museum of Art, Dartmouth College, 1999: 26, fig. 19.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art : American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 314, repro.