Sir William Bennett [1852-1931]. (Gorer, London); sold 1910 to Peter A. B. Widener, Lynnewood Hall, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; inheritance from Estate of Peter A. B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; gift 1942 to NGA.
- Gorer 1910, 34-35, no. 97, endpiece.
- Gorer/Blacker 1911, 1:pl. 34.
- Works of Art from the Widener Collection. Foreword by David Finley and John Walker. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 24.
- Christensen, Erwin O. Chinese Porcelains of the Widener Collection. Washington, 1947 (rev. ed. 1956): 9, 11.
- Bower, Virginia, Josephine Hadley Knapp, Stephen Little, and Robert Wilson Torchia. Decorative Arts, Part II: Far Eastern Ceramics and Paintings; Persian and Indian Rugs and Carpets. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1998: 164, color repro.
There are fabric impressions on the inner walls and on the base, which is squarely trimmed. The base is flat and unglazed. There are several firing cracks on the interior of the neck, and a drilled hole in the base. One corner of the foot has chipped off.