lower right in pencil
(Xavier Fourcade, Inc., New York); purchased 1979 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Thirty-seventh Biennial Exhibition of Contemporary American Painting, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 19 February - 5 April 1981.
- Acquisitions Since 1975, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 5 November 1982 - 16 January 1983, unpublished checklist.
- Joan Mitchell: choix de peintures, 1970-1982, Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris, 1982.
- Joan Mitchell: Thirty-Six Years of Natural Expressionism, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; San Fransisco Museum of Modern Art; Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo; La Jolla Museum of Contemporary Art, California; Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art, Cornell University, Ithaca, 1988-1989.
- Forty-fifth Biennial: The Corcoran Collects, 1907-1998, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1998, unnumbered checklist.
- The Paintings of Joan Mitchell, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; Birmingham Museum of Art; Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth; Phillips Collection, Washington, 2002-2004.
- redefined: Modern and Contemporary Art from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 4 April 2006 - 31 December 2006.
- The American Evolution: A History through Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1 March - 27 July 2008, unpublished checklist.