(Victor Spark, New York); purchased 15 June 1951 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Loan Exhibition. Masterpieces of the Corcoran Gallery of Art: A Benefit Exhibition in Honor of the Gallery's Centenary, Wildenstein, New York, 28 January-7 March 1959, unnumbered cat., as James Peale.
- The Peale Family: Three Generations of American Artists, Detroit Institute of Arts; Munson-Williams-Proctor Institute, Utica, 1967, no. 104, repro.
- The Object as Subject: Still Lifes at the Corcoran, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 10 December 1978-4 February 1979.
- The William A. Clark Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 26 April-16 July 1978.
- The Peale Family: Creation of an American Legacy, 1770-1870, Philadelphia Museum of Art; M.H. de Young Memorial Museum, San Francisco; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1996-1997, unnumbered checklist (shown only in Washington).