Possibly Annie T. Lang. (William Macbeth, Inc., New York); purchased November 1923 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Sixth Exhibition of Oil Paintings by Contemporary American Artists, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 17 December 1916-21 January 1917.
- Biennial International Exposition of Art, Venice, 1934.
- National Academy of Design Special Exhibition, American Fine Arts Society Galleries, New York, 1939.
- William M. Chase, 1849-1916, A Selected Retrospective Exhibition of Paintings, American British Art Center, New York, 9 November-4 December 1948, no. 10.
- William Merritt Chase, 1849-1916, A Retrospective Exhibition, Parrish Art Museum, Southampton, Long Island, 30 June-27 July 1957, repro.
- Directions in Twentieth Century American Paintings, Dallas Museum of Fine Arts, 7 October-12 November 1961.
- From the Archives of American Art: The Role of the Macbeth Gallery, AFA Gallery, New York; Tampa Art Institute; Oklahoma Art Center, Oklahoma City; Flint Institute of Arts; Columbia Museum of Art, South Carolina; Portland Museum of Art, Maine; Albany Institute of History and Art, 1962-1963, no. 4.
- William Merritt Chase, M. Knoedler and Co., New York, 4 May-5 June 1976.
- Sargent's Contemporaries, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 4 June-28 August 1983, no. 6.
- Henri's Circle, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 20 April-16 June 1985, unnumbered checklist.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 292, repro.