lower right: ROBERT HENRI
(William MacBeth, Inc., New York); purchased 1923 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Dedication Exhibit of Southwestern Art, Museum of New Mexico, Santa Fe, November - December 1917, no. 141.
- Exhibition of Paintings by Robert Henri, Milch Galleries, New York, 25 February - 16 March 1918, no. 15.
- Daniel Gallery, New York, 1919.
- Fourteenth Annual Exhibition of American Art, Peabody Institute, Baltimore, 29 January - 25 February 1923.
- MacBeth Gallery, New York, 1923.
- Ninth Exhibition of Contemporary American Oil Paintings, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 16 December 1923 - 20 January 1924, no. 281.
- Ohio State Fair, Columbus, September 1923.
- XXI Esposizione Biennale Internazionale d'Arte, Venice, 1 June - 30 September 1938, United States Section, no. 29.
- American National Exhibtion, Moscow, 1959, not in catalogue.
- Directions in Twentieth Century American Painting, Dallas Museum of Fine Arts, 1961, no. 14.
- Modern American Painting, Fine Arts Gallery of San Diego, 1962-1963, no. 21.
- Robert Henri: Painter-Teacher-Prophet, New York Cultural Center, 1969, no. 76.
- French Impressionists Influence American Artists, Lowe Art Museum, University of Miami, Coral Gables, 1971, no. 66.
- Symbols and Scenes: Art By and About American Indians, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980.
- Henri's Circle, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 20 April-16 June 1985, unnumbered checklist.
- The Forty-fifth Biennial: The Corcoran Collects, 1907-1998, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1998, unnumbered checklist.
- Figuratively Speaking: The Human Form in American Art, 1770-1950, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 2004, unpublished checklist.
- Encouraging American Genius: Master Paintings from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Parrish Art Museum, Southampton, NY; Mint Museum of Art, Charlotte; John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota, 2005-2007, checklist no. 76.
- The American Evolution: A History Through Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 2008, unpubilshed checklist.
- American Paintings from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 6 June-18 October 2009, unpublished checklist.
- American Journeys: Visions of Place, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 21 September 2013-28 September 2014, unpublished checklist.
- McBride, Henry. "Exhibitions at New York Galleries." Fine Arts Journal 36, no. 3 (March 1918): 63, repro.
- Leeds, Valerie Ann. "Robert Henri, Indian Girl in White Blanket." In Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Edited by Sarah Cash. Washington, 2011: 220-221, 279-280, repro.