lower left: C. Pissarro. 1900
Purchased 17 May 1901 from the artist by (Durand-Ruel, Paris and New York), as Le Louvre, matin, pluie; purchased 8 October 1901 by (Julius Oehme, New York); Edward C. [d. 1915] and Mary Griffin [1855-1937] Walker, Willistead Manor, Walkerville, Ontario, and Washington, by 1905; bequest 4 May 1937 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Exhibition of Paintings, Lent from the Private Collection of E. Chandler Walker, Esq., Detroit Museum of Art, April 1905, no. 46, as After the Rain, The Louvre, Paris.
- Exhibition of Paintings by French Impressionists, Detroit Museum of Art, November 1915, no. 39, as After the Rain (The Seine).
- Paintings by Impressionists and Post-Impressionists, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, 20 October-19 November 1950, no cat.
- A Selection of Paintings from the Edward C. Walker and Mary Walker Collection, Willistead Art Gallery, Windsor, Ontario, 8-29 October 1958, no. 14, as The Seine at Paris.
- French Masterworks: A Loan Collection from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Museum of New Mexico, Santa Fe, 1 July-13 August 1959, no. 20.
- Loan Exhibition. Masterpieces of the Corcoran Gallery of Art: A Benefit Exhibition in Honor of the Gallery's Centenary, Wildenstein, New York, 28 January-7 March 1959, unnumbered cat., as The Seine at Paris.
- Art of the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, University of California, Berkeley, 5 March-3 April 1960.
- Homage to Camille Pissarro: The Last Years, 1890-1903, Dixon Gallery and Gardens, Memphis, 18 May-22 June 1980, no. 18, repro., as Le Louvre, temps de pluie, The Seine at Paris.
- The Subjective Vision of French Impressionism, Tampa Museum of Art, 27 September-29 November 1981, no. 48.
- La Vie Moderne: Nineteenth Century French Art from the Corcoran Gallery, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Columbus Museum of Arts and Sciences, Georgia; Mary and Leigh Block Gallery, Northwestern University, Evanston; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Tampa Museum; Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha; Akron Art Museum, 1983-1985, no. 34, repro, as The Louvre, Morning, Rainy Weather.
- Edith Wharton's World: Portraits of People and Places, National Portrait Gallery, Washington, 26 September 1997-25 January 1998, as The Louvre, Morning, Rainy Weather.
- The Impressionist Tradition in America, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 19 July 2003-18 October 2004, unpublished checklist, as The Louvre, Morning, Rainy Weather.
- Monet, la senna, le ninfee: Il grande fiume e il nuovo secolo, Museo di Santa Giulia, Brescia, 23 October 2004-20 March 2005, no. 15, repro.
- Camille Pissarro, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney; National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne, 2005-2006, no. 84, repro., as The Louvre, Morning, Rainy Weather.
- A Passion for Nature: Landscape Painting from 19th Century France, Art Gallery of Alberta, Edmonton, 15 October 2011-20 February 2012.