No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Probably Marchese Galeazzo Dondi dall'Orologio, Padua, by 1871; sold probably in the late 1800s and, in any case before 1912, to (Stefano Bardini [1836-1922], Florence); (Count Alessandro Contini-Bonacossi, Rome); purchased September 1931 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1939 to NGA.
- An Exhibition of Italian Paintings Lent by Mr. Samuel H. Kress of New York to Museums, Colleges, and Art Associations, travelling exhibition, 24 venues, 1932-1935, mostly unnumbered catalogues, p. 35 or p. 39, repro.
- Exhibition of Venetian Painting From the Fifteenth Century through the Eighteenth Century, California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, June-July 1938, no. 28, repro.
- Special Exhibition of Venetian Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection, Seattle Art Museum; Portland Museum of Art, Oregon; Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts, August-October 1938, no cat.
- Four Centuries of Venetian Paintings, Toledo Museum of Art, Ohio, 1940, no. 24, repro.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 77, no. 191.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 243, repro. 112.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1945 (reprinted 1947, 1949): 25, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 126, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 58.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XIII-XV Century. London, 1966: 79-80, fig. 221.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 50, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 152, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. Washington, 1979: I:207, II:pl. 143.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 175, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 2003: 309-314, color repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection