No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Probably Thomas Duncombe [d. 1799], Duncombe Park, Yorkshire, England; probably by inheritance to his brother, Charles Slingsby Duncombe [d. 1803], Duncombe Park; probably by inheritance to Charles Duncombe, 1st baron Feversham [d. 1841]; probably by inheritance to William Duncombe, 2nd baron Feversham [d. 1867], Duncombe Park; probably by inheritance to William Ernest Duncombe [d. 1915], 1st earl of Feversham, Duncombe Park, until at least 1880. Sir Charles A. Turner, London, 1892; (his sale, Christie, Manson & Woods, London, 16 March 1908, no. 7); purchased by (Thos. Agnew & Sons, London); sold two days later to (Charles Fairfax Murray [1849-1919], London and Florence). (sale, Sotheby's, London, 19 July 1922, no. 101); possibly purchased by Christie. (Count Alessandro Contini-Bonacossi, Florence and Rome); sold 1933 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundaton, New York; gift 1939 to NGA.
- An Exhibition of Italian Paintings Lent by Mr. Samuel H. Kress of New York to Museums, Colleges, and Art Associations, travelling exhibition, 24 venues, 1932-1935, mostly unnumbered catalogues, p. 51, repro. (not shown at all venues).
- Exhibition of Venetian Painting From the Fifteenth Century through the Eighteenth Century, California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, 1938, no. 4, repro.
- Religious Art, an exhibition of fourteenth, fifteenth, sixteenth, and seventeenth-century paintings; sculpture, illuminated manuscripts, metalwork, rosaries, textiles, stained glass and prints, Baltimore Museum of Art, 1938-1939, no. 14, repro.
- Four Centuries of Venetian Paintings, Toledo Museum of Art, Ohio, 1940, no. 2, repro.
- Jacapo Bassano, c. 1510-1592, Museo Civico, Bassano del Grappa, Italy; Kimbell Art Museum, Fort Worth, 1992-1993, no. 30, repro.
- Obras Maestras de la National Gallery of Art de Washington, Museo Nacional de Antropología, Mexico City, 1996-1997, unnumbered catalogue, 36-37, color repro.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 17, no. 237.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 244, repro. 65.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1945 (reprinted 1947, 1949): 127, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 211, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 10.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 3, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XVI-XVIII Century. London, 1973: 45-46, fig. 83.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 18, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:31-32, II:pl. 19, 19A
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 219, no. 268, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 37, repro.