No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Main altar of the church of Santa Lucia de' Magnoli, Florence, probably until the early 18th century. Sacristy of the same church, by 1728. Third altar on the right of the nave of the same church, by 1762 and probably until the early 1800s. Possibly Osvald Sirén [1879-1977], Stockholm; purchased 6 May 1921 by (Julius Böhler, Munich); sold 17 September 1921 to (Count Alessandro Contini-Bonacossi, Rome and Florence); purchased December 1933 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1939 to NGA.
- Exhibition of Italian Art 1200-1900, Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1930, no. 128 (no. 111 and pl. XLII in commemorative catalogue published 1931; no. 29 in souvenir catalogue).
- Exhibition of Italian Paintings of the Renaissance, The Century Association, New York, 1935, no. 5.
- The Twentieth Anniversary Exhibition of the Cleveland Museum of Art. The Official Art Exhibit of the Great Lakes Exposition, Cleveland Museum of Art, 1936, no. 149, repro.
- Una scuola per Piero. Luce, colore e prospettiva nella formazione fiorentina di Piero della Francesca, Galleria degli Uffizi, Florence, 1992-1993, no. 11b, repro.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 57, no. 251.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 244, repro. 98.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1945 (reprinted 1947, 1949): 29, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 58, repro.
- Seymour 1961 (Kress), 34-35, color repro. pl. 29
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. New York, 1963 (reprinted 1964 in French, German, and Spanish): 298, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 42
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XIII-XV Century. London, 1966: 103, fig. 279.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 35, repro.
- Pesenti, Franco Renzo. "Dismembered works of art - Italian painting." In An Illustrated Inventory of Famous Dismembered Works of Art: European Painting. Paris, 1974: 22, 36-37, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 108, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:158, II:pl. 113
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 90, no. 50, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 131, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 241-250, color repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection