No overview available.
upper center: I.N.R.I. (Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews)
Marks and Labels
(Italian art market, probably Venice), by 1902. Achillito Chiesa, Milan, early twentieth century; (Count Alessandro Contini-Bonacossi, Florence); sold July 1934 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1939 to NGA.
- National Gallery of Art. Book of Illustrations. Washington, DC, 1941: 160 (repro.), 238.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 147, no. 254.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 244, repro. 163.
- Frankfurter, Alfred M. The Kress Collection in the National Gallery. New York, 1944: 73-74, repro. no. 84
- Galetti, Ugo, and Ettore Camesasca. Enciclopedia della pittura italiana. 3 vols. Milan, 1951: 3:1855.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 28, repro.
- Pallucchini, Rodolfo, ed. La pittura veneziana del Trecento. Venice, 1964: 32, fig. 97.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 99
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XIII-XV Century. London, 1966: 8, fig. 10.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 87, repro.
- Fredericksen, Burton B., and Federico Zeri. Census of Pre-Nineteenth Century Italian Paintings in North American Public Collections. Cambridge, Mass., 1972: 158, 291, 645, 660.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 260, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:354-355, II:pl. 256
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 299, repro.
- Frinta, Mojmír S. Punched Decoration on Late Medieval Panel and Miniature Painting. Prague, 1998: 128.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection