No overview available.
lower left: Geo Bellows.
Marks and Labels
Commissioned 1919 by Chester Dale [1883-1962], New York; gift 1944 to NGA.
- An Exhibition of American Paintings from the Chester Dale Collection, The Union League Club, New York, 1937, no. 50, as Portrait.
- New Yorkers 1848-1948, Portraits, Inc., New York, 1948, no. 5.
- George Bellows: A Retrospective Exhibition, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1957, no. 37, repro.
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- From Impressionism to Modernism: The Chester Dale Collection, National Gallery of Art, January 2010-January 2012, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Paintings other than French in the Chester Dale Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 52, repro.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 16, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 26, repro.
- Kopper, Philip. America's National Gallery of Art: A Gift to the Nation. New York, 1991: 238, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 31, repro.
- Wolfe, M. Melissa. “Family Life: Portraiture, 1914-1923.” In George Bellows ed. Charles Brock (Exh. cat. Washington 2012). Munich, 2012: 189, color fig. 5.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection