No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Edward Solly [1776-1844], Berlin; purchased 1821 for the Königliche Museen (painting collection installed 1904 in the Kaiser-Friedrich-Museum), Berlin; sold 1924 to (Charles Albert de Burlet, Berlin). (Professor Luigi Grassi [1858-1940], Florence and Rome). (Arthur J. Sulley & Co., London). acquired 1927 by Otto H. Kahn [1867-1934], New York. (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 26 April 1937 by The A.W. Mellon Educational and Charitable Trust, Pittsburgh; gift 1937 to NGA.
- Duveen Brothers. Duveen Pictures in Public Collections of America. New York, 1941: no. 82, repro., as by Giovanni Bellini.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 19, no. 28, as by Giovanni Bellini.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 239, repro. 67, as by Giovanni Bellini.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Mellon Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1949 (reprinted 1953 and 1958): 34, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. New York, 1963 (reprinted 1964 in French, German, and Spanish): 302, repro., as by Giovanni Bellini.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 23.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 16, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 54, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. Washington, 1979: I:118-119, II:pl. 81, as Attributed to Carpaccio.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 203, no. 240, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 75, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 197-200, color repro.
- Martin, Kathleen. “Donkey,” in The Book of Symbols. Cologne, 2010: 361, fig. 1.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection