(Julius H. Weitzner [1896-1986]); (Ehrich Galleries, New York); (their sale, American Art Association, Anderson Galleries, Inc., New York, 18 and 19 April 1934, no. 126); Chester Dale [1883-1962], New York; gift 1943 to NGA.
- An Exhibition of American Paintings from the Chester Dale Collection, The Union League Club, New York, 1937, no. 16, as by Samuel F. B. Morse.
- Paintings other than French in the Chester Dale Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 30, repro.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 82, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 199, repro.
- Williams, William James. A Heritage of American Paintings from the National Gallery of Art. New York, 1981: 88, 105, repro. 106.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 238, repro.
- Torchia, Robert Wilson, with Deborah Chotner and Ellen G. Miles. American Paintings of the Nineteenth Century, Part II. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1998: 280-281, repro.