No overview available.
lower left side: M.L.G. (Maurice Le Garrec); bottom rim: 3/25; inside: 3/25
Marks and Labels
Sold 1 July 1930 through (Charles Sessler, Philadelphia) to Lessing Julius Rosenwald, Jenkintown, Pennsylvania; gift 1943 to NGA.
- Honoré Daumier, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1960, no cat.
- Daumier Sculpture: A Critical and Comparative Study, Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1969, no. 12c, repro.
- Nineteenth-Century Sculpture, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1974, unnumbered checklist.
- Daumier: 1808-1879, National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa; Galeries nationales du Grand Palais, Paris; The Phillips Collection, Washington, D.C., 1999-2000, no. 21b, repro., as Fruchard (shown only in Washington).
- Gobin, Maurice. Daumier Sculpteur, 1808-1879. Geneva, 1952: no. 11,
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 150, as one of The Deputies, complete set of 36 bronze busts.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 53, repro.
- Butler, Ruth, and Suzanne Glover Lindsay, with Alison Luchs, Douglas Lewis, Cynthia J. Mills, and Jeffrey Weidman. European Sculpture of the Nineteenth Century. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2000: 149, color repro. 150.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection