No overview available.
lower left: Jules Dupré
Marks and Labels
Thomas A. Howell, Brooklyn; (his sale, Fifth Avenue Art Galleries, New York, 27 February 1889, no. 47); purchased by (M. Knoedler & Co., Inc., London, New York, and Paris). Mrs. M.M. Barger Wallach; on consignment from 1917 with (M. Knoedler & Co., Inc., London, New York, and Paris); sold 1918 to R. Horace Gallatin [1871-1948], New York; gift 1949 to NGA.
- Extended loan for use by the Attorney General, U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, D.C., 1961-1972.
- Jules Dupré 1811-1889, The Dixon Gallery and Gardens, Memphis, 1979, no. 17.
- Loan for display with permanent collection (in conjunction with the exhibition From Arcadia to Barbizon: A Journey in French Landscape), Dixon Gallery and Gardens, Memphis, 1987-1988.
- Extended loan for use by General Brent Scowcroft, Director, National Security Council, The White House, Washington, D.C., 1989-1993.
- Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; The National Art Center, Tokyo; Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art, 2011, not in catalogue (shown only in Tokyo and Kyoto).
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 45.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 38, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 116, repro.
- Aubrun, Marie-Madeleine. Jules Dupré: catalogue raisonné de l'oeuvre. Supplément Nantes, 1982: 43, no. S34, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 140, repro.
- Eitner, Lorenz. French Paintings of the Nineteenth Century, Part I: Before Impressionism. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2000: 243-244, color repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection