lower left, in graphite: AS / 1892 / The Terminal; lower right, in graphite: Alfred Stieglitz / 1892; on mount, center right, in graphite: #12; all on backing board: lower center, in graphite: #3; upper center verso, on Alfred Stieglitz Collection label, in black ink: Alfred Stieglitz / The Terminal, / New York / 1892 / Original Gravure / Proof / Exhibition Alfred Stieglitz. / Photo-Secession Gallery, 1913; upper left verso: Museum of Modern Art label; by later hand, lower left verso, in graphite: 128C
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
- Stieglitz Exhibition, Photo-Secession Galleries, New York, 1913, no. 2.
- History of an American: "291" and After, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia, 1944, no. 8.
- Greenough/Hamilton 1983, no. 21.
- The Art of Photography, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, 1989; Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1989.
- NGA Stieglitz 1992, no. 4.
- Greenough 2002, cat. 94.