on mount, upper left verso, in graphite: 291 — / Picasso–Braque Exhibition / 1915; by Doris Bry, on mount, lower left verso, in graphite: 90 - A
Georgia O'Keeffe; gift to NGA, 1949.
- Bry 1958, no. 21, pl. 5.
- Greenough/Hamilton 1983, no. 54, pl. 23.
- Modern Art and America: Alfred Stieglitz and His New York Galleries, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001, no. 51.
- Intersections: Photographs and Videos from the National Gallery of Art and the Corcoran Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2016 - 2017, unnumbered catalogue.
- Frank, Waldo, et al. America and Alfred Stieglitz. New York, 1934, pl. xiii.a.
- Norman, Dorothy. "Alfred Stieglitz," Wings 8:12. December 1934: 7-9 ("Exhibition at '291'--1914").
- "Speaking of Pictures...These are by one of Photography's Pioneers," Life 14:14 (5 April 1943), 7 (untitled, image reversed).
- Bry, Doris. Exhibition of Photographs by Alfred Stieglitz. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1958: pl. 5.
- Norman, Dorothy. Alfred Stieglitz: An American Seer. New York, fig. 55.
- Greenough/Hamilton 1983, pl. 23.
- Leavell, Linda. Marianne Moore and the Visual Arts. Baton Rouge and London, 1994: fig. 4.
- Modern Art and America: Alfred Stieglitz and His New York Galleries. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001: no. 51.
- Greenough 2002, cat. 393.
- Man Ray, African Art and the Modernist Lens. Exh. cat., The Phillips Collection, Washington; University of New Mexico Art Museum, Albuquerque; The Hyde Collection Art Museum, Glens Falls; The Fralin Museum of Art, University of Virginia Art Museums, Charlottesville; Museum of Anthropology at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver; San Diego Museum of Art, San Diego; Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto; Unknown Venue; Glenbow Museum, Calgary, Calgary., 2009.