No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Possibly Marchesi of Villafranca, Italy. Marquès de la Romana, Madrid; by bequest to Marquès de Villamayor, Madrid; purchased by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York). Clarence H. Mackay [1874-1938], Roslyn, New York, by 1926; sold 1936 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1939 to NGA.
- Raphael and America, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1983, no. 61, repro.
- Perugino: il divin pittore, Galleria Nazionale dell'Umbria, Perugia, 2004, no. 36, repro.
- Valentiner, W.R. The Clarence H. Mackay Collection. New York, 1926: 1, 5, no. 8, repro.
- Duveen Brothers. Duveen Pictures in Public Collections of America. New York, 1941: no. 132, repro.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 149, no. 326.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 246, repro. 165.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1945 (reprinted 1947, 1949): 69, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 95, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 100.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 88, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XV-XVI Century. London, 1968: 99, fig. 239.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 262, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:362-363, II:pl. 261
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 108, no. 79, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 303, repro.
- Meyer zur Capellen, Jürg. Raphael in Florence. London, 1996:149, no. 88, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 562-564, color repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection