No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Charles John Canning, 2nd Viscount Canning and later 1st Earl Canning [1812-1862]; by bequest to his sister, Harriet Canning de Burgh [1804-1876], Marchioness of Clanricarde; by inheritance to her daughter, Margaret Anne de Burgh Beaumont [1831-1888]; probably by inheritance to her son, Wentworth Canning Blackett Beaumont, 1st Viscount Allendale [1860-1923]; said to have been in the collection of Henry George Charles Lascelles, 6th Earl of Harewood [1882-1947], Harewood House, Leeds, Yorkshire; Lionello Venturi [1895-1961], New York; sold 1936 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1939 to NGA.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 184-185, no. 327.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 246, repro. 189.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 30, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 122
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XIII-XV Century. London, 1966: 48, fig. 121.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 110, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 326, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:430-431, II:pl. 309, 309A
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 373, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection