No overview available.
Marks and Labels
William Graham [1817-1885], London. Robert Henry [1850-1929] and Evelyn Holford [1856-1943] Benson, London and Buckhurst Park, Sussex, by 1901; sold 1927 to (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York). Clarence H. Mackay [1874-1938], Roslyn, New York, by 1929; sold to (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 15 December 1936 by The A.W. Mellon Educational and Charitable Trust, Pittsburgh; gift 1937 to NGA.
- Exhibition of Works by the Old Masters. Winter Exhibition, Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1910, no. 32, as Virgin and Child by School of Vicenza.
- A Collection of Pictures of the Early Venetian School and Other Works of Art, Burlington Fine Arts Club, London, 1912, no. 31 (no. 13 and pl. XII of illustrated catalogue titled Early Venetian Pictures and Other Works of Art).
- Loan Exhibition of the Benson Collection of Old Italian Masters, City of Manchester Art Gallery, 1927, no. 37.
- Berenson and the Connoisseurship of Italian Painting, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1979, no. 1, repro.
- Antonello da Messina, Museo di Arte Moderna e Contemporanea di Trento e Rovereto, Rovereto, 2013-2014, no. 18, repro.
- Benson, Robert Henry. Catalogue of Italian Pictures at 16 South Street, Park Lane, London and Buckhurst in Sussex. London, privately printed, 1914: no. 71.
- Valentiner, Wilhelm R., ed. Unknown Masterpieces in Public and Private Collections. London, 1930: n.p., pl. 13,
- Duveen Brothers. Duveen Pictures in Public Collections in America. New York, 1941: no. 69, repro.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 7, no. 30.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 239, repro. 57.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Mellon Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1949 (reprinted 1953 and 1958): 31, repro.
- Cairns, Huntington, and John Walker, eds., Great Paintings from the National Gallery of Art. New York, 1952: 48, color repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. New York, 1963 (reprinted 1964 in French, German, and Spanish): 302, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 9
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 2, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 14, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. Washington, 1979: I:16-17, II:pl. 10.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 118, no. 101. color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 31, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 36-41, color repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection