No overview available.
on the central sphere of upper border: AMERICA; on the foremost ingot at lower right: L. VAN SCHOOR. IN. & PINX.
Marks and Labels
Lewis Einstein [1877-1967], London, Paris, and Prague, by 1924; gift 1950 to NGA.
- Extended loan for use by the Ambassador, U.S. Embassy residence, Paris, France, 1950-1952.
- Extended loan for use by the Ambassador, U.S. Embassy residence, Paris, France, 1957-1961.
- Extended loan for use by the U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C., 1961-1975.
- The European Vision of America, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Cleveland Museum of Art; Grand Palais, Paris, 1976-1977, not in cat. (shown only in Cleveland and Paris; see cat. no. 123 [NGA 1959.5.1] for tapestry shown at NGA venue).
- The Continental Image: Allegorical Representations of the Four Continents, Cooper-Hewitt Museum, New York, 1985.
- America, Bride of the Sun: 500 years Latin America and the Low Countries, Koninklijk Museum voor Schone Kunsten, Antwerp, 1992, no. 170, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection