No overview available.
lower center on the pedestal: IOANNES BAPTISTA PINXIT
Marks and Labels
Possibly Giovanni Castelli, Venice, until 1712. Baron Carlo Marochetti [1805-1867], Paris and London, or his son, Baron Maurizio Marochetti [d. 1916], Turin; by inheritance to Elena, the daughter of the latter, wife of Carlo Corrigioni d'Orelli. (Jacques Seligmann & Co., Inc., Paris and New York); sold December 1919 to Sir Edgar Vincent, later 1st viscount D'Abernon [1857-1941], Esher and Stoke d'Abernon, Surrey; (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York), after 1925; sold 15 December 1936 to The A.W. Mellon Educational and Charitable Trust, Pittsburgh; gift 1937 to NGA.
- Gemälde alter Meister aus Berliner Besitz, Akademie der Künste, Berlin, 1925.
- _Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 40, no. 33.
- _Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 239, repro. 84.
- _Paintings and Sculpture from the Mellon Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1949 (reprinted 1953 and 1958): 35, repro.
- Seligman, Germain. Merchants of Art: 1880-1960, Eighty Years of Professional Collecting. New York, 1961: 127, pl. 30b.
- _Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 27.
- _European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 21, repro.
- _European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 70, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. Washington, 1979: I:130-131, II:pl. 90.
- _European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 89, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 202-205, color repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection