No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Gustav Adolf Wilhelm von Ingenheim [1789–1855], who acquired it in the first half of the nineteenth century, probably in Italy; Ingenheim family, Schloss Reisewitz, Silesia; sold 1922 to (A. S. Drey, Munich); sold 1923 to Henry Goldman [1856–1937], New York; sold January 1937 to (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); sold 1937 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1939 to NGA.
- L'eredità di Giotto. Arte a Firenze 1340-1375, Galleria degli Uffizi, Florence, 2008, no. 36, repro.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 138, no. 372.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 247, repro. 157.
- Frankfurter, Alfred M. The Kress Collection in the National Gallery. New York, 1944: 52, repro. no. 83
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1945 (reprinted 1947, 1949): 14, repro., as Madonna and Child with Saints.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 21, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 95
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XIII-XV Century. London, 1966: 34, fig. 75.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 84, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 252, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:342, II:pl. 249
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 290, repro.
- Hand, John Oliver. National Gallery of Art: Master Paintings from the Collection. Washington and New York, 2004: 13, no. 8, color repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection