Main altar(?) of San Niccolò Oltrarno, Florence; in the church until the 1790s. Tommaso Puccini [1749-1811], Villa a Scornia, near Pistoia, by c. 1803-1805. his nephew, Niccolò Puccini [1799-1852]; Niccolò's sister, who married a member of the Tucci family; Marchese Alessandro Tucci and his co-heirs from the Spada family, Pistoia, by 1899. Posibly art market, Rome, by 1928. (Count Alessandro Contini-Bonacossi, Florence); purchased June 1937 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1939 to NGA.
- Esposizione di arte antica, Pistoia, 1899, no. 29, room XVI, as by Anonymous Tuscan painter of the 15th century.
- Gentile da Fabriano e l'altro Rinascimento [Gentile da Fabriano and the Other Renaissance], Spedale di Santa Maria del Buon Gesù, Fabriano, 2006, no. VI.3i (printed on first page of entry as VI.3h), repro., as Pilgrims at the Tomb of St. Nicholas.
- Treasures of Heaven: Relics, Saints, and Devotion in Medieval Europe, The Cleveland Museum of Art; The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore, 2010 - 2011, no. 67, repro.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 75, no. 379, as A Miracle of Saint Nicholas..
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 247, repro. 109.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1945 (reprinted 1947, 1949): 24, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 45, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. New York, 1963 (reprinted 1964 in French, German, and Spanish): 298, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 56.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XIII-XV Century. London, 1966: 77-78, fig. 211.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 48, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 148, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:197-199, II:pl. 137
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 76, no. 22, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 171, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 293-299, color repro.
- Nagel, Alexander and Christopher Wood. Anachronic Renaissance. New York, 2010: 336, 337, 340, fig. 27.2.
- "Vasari and the National Gallery of Art." National Gallery of Art Bulletin 48 (Spring 2013): 17, repro.