No overview available.
lower left: COROT
Marks and Labels
The artist; (his estate sale, Paris, Hôtel Drouot, 26 May 1875, no. 186, as Bohémienne debout jouant de la guitare); purchased by Klotz, Paris. Jules Paton, Paris; (his sale, Paris, Hôtel Drouot, 24 April 1883, no. 45, as Bohémienne jouant de la guitare); (Galerie Georges Petit, Paris); sold 1900 to Frederick C. Hewitt [d. 1908] and William Francklyn Paris [d. 1954]; (their joint sale, American Art Association, New York, 9-10 March 1910, no. 172, as Girl with a Mandolin); purchased by John Fenning. Ferdinand Blumenthal [d. 1914], Paris. Count Cecil Pecci-Blunt [d. 1965], New York and Paris, by 1946; gift 1951 to NGA.
- Corot, Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1946, no. 54, repro.
- Around Impressionism: French Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1999, no cat.
- Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, Washington, Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art; Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, 1999, no. 4, repro.
- Robaut, Alfred, and Etienne Moreau-Nélaton. L'Oeuvre de Corot. Catalogue raisonné et illustré. 5 vols. Paris, 1905: III:no. 1556, repro.
- Bernheim de Villers, C. Corot, peintre de figures. Paris, 1930: 63, no. 250, repro. (the painting before changes in the background).
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 30.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 23, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 76, repro.
- King, Marian. Adventures in Art: National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. New York, 1978: 41, pl. 19.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 428, no. 609, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 95, repro.
- Panush, Rachel B., Jacques R. Caldwell and Richard S. Panush. "Corot's 'Gout' and a 'Gipsy [sic] Girl,'" The Journal of the American Medical Association 264, no. 9 (September 1990): 1136-1138, color repro. on cover.
- Eitner, Lorenz. French Paintings of the Nineteenth Century, Part I: Before Impressionism. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2000: 81-85, color repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection