No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Gaál, Balaton Földvár, Hungary, before 1906; Dr. Ludwig Keleman, Budapest; sold 1929 by his widow to (Jacques Seligmann & Co., Inc., Paris and New York); sold May 1950 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1952 to NGA.
- Masterpieces of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture from 1300-1800, New York World's Fair, 1939, no. 233, as Portrait of Janus Pannonius (Presumed)
- Twenty-Second Loan Exhibition of Old Masters. Masterpieces of Art from European and American Collections, Detroit Institute of Arts, 1941, no. 39, as Portrait of Janus Pannonius (Presumed).
- Early European Paintings, Society of the Four Arts, Palm Beach, 1949, no. 19, as Assumed Portrait of James Pannonius.
- Paintings of Italian Masters from the Collections of U.S.A. Museums, State Hermitage Museum, Leningrad; Pushkin Museum, Moscow; The Kiev Museum of Western and Eastern Art, 1979 (organized by the Armand Hammer Foundation, Los Angeles).
- Andrea Mantegna, Royal Academy of Arts, London; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1992, no. 99, repro. (shown only in New York).
- Mantegna a Mantova, 1460-1506, Fruttiere di Palazzo Te, Mantua, 2006-2007, no. 1, repro.
- Mantegna, 1431-1506, Musée du Louvre, Paris, 2008-2009, no. 29, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1945-1951. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 70, no. 24, repro.
- Frankfurter, Alfred M. "Interpreting Masterpieces: Twenty-four Paintings from the Kress Collection." Art News Annual 16 (1952): 91-92, repro. 88
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 131, repro.
- Seligman, Germain. Merchants of Art: 1880-1960, Eighty Years of Professional Collecting. New York, 1961: repro. pl. 105.
- Seymour 1961 (Kress), 46-48, color repro.
- Cairns, Huntington, and John Walker, eds., Treasures from the National Gallery of Art, New York, 1962: 22, color repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 82.
- Cairns, Huntington, and John Walker, eds. A Pageant of Painting from the National Gallery of Art. 2 vols. New York, 1966: 1:68-69, color repro.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 73, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XV-XVI Century. London, 1968: 24-25, fig. 67.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 214, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:297-298, II:pl. 211
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 114, no. 92, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 248, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 432-434, color repro.