No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Friedrich II, King of Prussia [1712-1786], Potsdam; by descent in the imperial Hohenzollern family to Kaiser Wilhelm II [1859-1941], Berlin; sold 1923 to (Wildenstein & Co., Paris, New York, and London); sold December 1946 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1952 to NGA.
- Exhibition of French Art 1200-1900, Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1932, no. 186
- Wildenstein Jubilee Loan Exhibition 1901-1951: Masterpieces from Museums and Private Collections, Wildenstein & Co., New York, 1951, no. 23, repro.
- Nicolas Lancret: 1690-1743, The Frick Collection, New York; The Kimbell Art Museum, Fort Worth, 1991-1992, no. 9, pl. 13.
- The Age of Watteau, Chardin, and Fragonard: Masterpieces of French Genre Painting, National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa; National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Altes Museum, Berlin, 2003-2004, no. 16, repro.
- Osborn, Max. Die Kunst des Rokoko. Berlin, 1929: repro. 170, 610.
- Wildenstein and Company. French XVIII Century Paintings. New York, 1948: 4
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1945-1951. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 224, no. 100, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 352, repro.
- Seymour 1961 (Kress), 180, repro. pl. 172-173
- Cairns, Huntington, and John Walker, eds., Treasures from the National Gallery of Art, New York, 1962: 106, color repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 72
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 63, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 186, repro.
- Eisler, Colin. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: European Schools Excluding Italian. Oxford, 1977: 307-308, fig. 270, as The Repast of the Hunting Party.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 330, no. 440, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 220, repro.
- Holmes, Mary Tavener. Nicolas Lancret 1690-1743. Edited by Joseph Focarino. New York: 76, no. 9, pl. 13.
- Hand, John Oliver. National Gallery of Art: Master Paintings from the Collection. Washington and New York, 2004: 254, no. 206, color repro.
- The Arts of France from François Ier to Napoléon Ier. A Centennial Celebration of Wildenstein's Presence in New York. Exh. cat. Wildenstein & Co., Inc., New York, 2005: 56, fig. 37, 72 (not in the exhibition).
- Conisbee, Philip, et al. French Paintings of the Fifteenth through the Eighteenth Century. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2009: no. 65, 288-291, color repro.
- Vogtherr, Christoph Martin. Französische Gemälde I: Watteau, Pater, Lancret, Lajoüe. Berlin, 2011: no. A 17, 683-685, 784, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection