No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Stefano Bardini [1836-1922], Florence, by 1899; (Bardini sale, Christie, Manson & Woods, London, 5 June 1899, no. 494, bought in); (Bardini sale, American Art Association, New York, 25 April 1918, no. 468); purchased by H.L. Kaufman; (Pinakos, Inc. [Rudolf Heinemann], New York); on joint account 1942 with (Frederick Mont), (Victor D. Spark, New York) and (M. Knoedler & Co, London, New York and Paris, France); sold 6 August 1943 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1952 to NGA.
- Roosevelt House, Hunter College, New York, 1944.
- Recent Additions to the Kress Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1946, no. 791.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1945 (reprinted 1947, 1949): 119, repro.
- Frankfurter, Alfred M. Supplement to the Kress Collection in the National Gallery. New York, 1946: 46, repro.
- Mühlberger, Richard. The Bible in Art: The Old Testament. London, 1956: 219, pl. 107.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 104, repro.
- Seymour 1961 (Kress), 112, repro. pl. 103, color repro. pl. 92
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 9
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 3, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XVI-XVIII Century. London, 1973: 8-9, fig. 13-14.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 14, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:21-22, II: repro. pl. 13
- Watson, Ross. The National Gallery of Art, Washington. New York, 1979: 47, pl. 29.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 172, no. 192, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 34, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection