center on edge of Madonna's mantle: ALELVI REGINA CELI LET[ARE ALLE]LVIA QVIA EVAM (Alleluia, Queen of Heaven, rejoice because He whom) [inscription is from the Regina Coeli, an Easter antiphon]
Private collection, Lyon, France. (Alessandro Contini-Bonacossi, Florence); purchased July 1950 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1952 to NGA.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1945-1951. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 174, no. 76, repro., as School of Amiens.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 329, repro., as School of Amiens.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 7, as School of Amiens.
- European Paintings and Sculpture: Illustrations (Companion to the Summary Catalogue, 1965). Washington, 1968: 1, repro., as School of Amiens.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 10, repro., as School of Amiens.
- Eisler, Colin. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: European Schools Excluding Italian. Oxford, 1977: 236-238, fig. 227.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 125, no. 108, color repro., as by School of Amiens.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 23, repro.
- St. Anthony Messenger, Cincinnati, Ohio, 1997, front cover, repro.
- Gersch-Nešic, Beth. “Pregnancy." In Encyclopedia of Comparative Iconography: Themes Depicted in Works of Art. Edited by Helene E. Roberts. 2 vols. Chicago, 1998: 2:753.
- Conisbee, Philip, et al. French Paintings of the Fifteenth through the Eighteenth Century. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2009: no. 42, 204-208, color repro.