No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Church of San Francesco, Pisa; Carlo Lasinio [1759-1838], Pisa; possibly Francis Douce [1757-1834], London, by 1829; Mrs. Fanshaw; (sale, Christie & Mason, London, 21 March 1835, no. 80); (country sale, Patterdale Hall, Ullswater, near Penrith, Cumbria, 8 August 1934); (P. & D. Colnaghi & Co., London); (Gualtiero Volterra, Florence); (Count Alessandro Contini-Bonaccossi, Florence), by 1935; sold 1948 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1952 to NGA.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Colllection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1951-56. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida and Fern Rusk Shapley. National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1956: 50, no. 16, repro., as by Cimabue.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 15, repro., as by Cimabue.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 28
- Michener, James A. “Four Miracles—And A Masterpiece.” Reader’s Digest 89 (November 1966): 164.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XIII-XV Century. London, 1966: 5-6, fig. 9.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 21, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 70, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:133-134, II:pl. 93
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 89, repro.
- Evans, Lisa. "Anomaly or Sole Survivor? The Impruneta Cushion and Early Italian 'Patchwork'." Medieval Clothing and Textiles 8 (2012): 144-152, fig. 7.5
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection