No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Private collection, Rome; (Sestieri's, Rome); (Count Alessandro Contini-Bonacossi, Florence); sold July 1948 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1952 to NGA.
- Painting in Renaissance Siena, 1420-1500, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1988-1989, no. 10h, repro., as The Funeral of Saint Anthony by the Master of the Osservanza.
- Masterpieces in Miniature: Italian Manuscript Illumination from the J. Paul Getty Museum, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006, not in brochure.
- Da Jacopo della Quercia a Donatello. Le Arti a Siena nel Primo Rinascimento, Complesso Museale Santa Maria della Scala, Siena, 2010, no. C.34h, repro.
- _Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1945-1951. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 46, repro., as The Obsequies of St. Anthony Abbot by Master of the Osservanza Altarpiece.
- _Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 42, repro., as by Sassetta.
- _Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 120, as by Sassetta and Assistant.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XIII-XV Century. London, 1966: 141-143, fig. 382.
- _European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 108, repro., as by Sassetta and Assistant.
- _European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 320, repro., as by Sassetta and Assistant.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:319-323, II:pl. 233, as Master of the Osservanza Triptych.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 80, no. 29, color repro.
- _European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 368, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 2003: 481-495, color repro., as by Master of the Osservanza (Sano di Pietro).
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection