No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Bartolommeo della Nave, Venice; sold 1638 through Basil Feilding, 2nd Earl of Denbigh [d. 1675], to James Hamilton, 1st Duke of Hamilton [d. 1649], Hamilton Palace, Strathclyde, Scotland. Leopold Wilhelm, Archduke of Austria, Bishop of Passau and Governor of the Spanish Netherlands, Brussels and Vienna, by 1659; by inheritance to Emperor Leopold I, thus entering by 1805 the Hapsburg Imperial Collection, Vienna, which moved to Vaduz, Liechtenstein, c. 1945; Liechtenstein Collection; sold 8 March 1951 through (Frederick Mont, Inc., New York) to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1952 to NGA.
- Meisterwerke aus den Sammlungen des Fürsten von Lichtenstein, Kunstmuseum, Lucerne, 1948, no. 29, repro.
- Berenson and the Connoisseurship of Italian Painting, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1979, no. 93, repro.
- Giovanni Gerolamo Savoldo: tra Foppa Giorgione e Caravaggio, Monastero S. Giulia, Brescia, 1990, no. I.27, repro and Schirn, Kunsthalle, Frankfurt (as Giovanni Gerolamo Savoldo und die Renaissance zwischen Lombardei und Venetien), no. I.26, repro.
- Knights in Shining Armor: Myth and Reality 1450-1650, Allentown Art Museum, Pennsylvania, 2007, fig. 30.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 163, repro.
- Seymour 1961 (Kress), 101, color repro. pl. 92
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. New York, 1963 (reprinted 1964 in French, German, and Spanish): 308, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 121
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 108, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XV-XVI Century. London, 1968: 89, fig. 216.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 318, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:416-418, II:pl. 298
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 223, no. 275, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 369, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection