No overview available.
center left on folded paper: Alessandro Alberti l'anno XXX / della sua eta ... / s [or l] ritrasse nel 15 ... / In Venetia. (Alessandro Alberti the thirtieth year of his age...portrayed in 15...In Venice)
Marks and Labels
Palazzo Torrigiani, Florence, by 1856. Alfred Beit [d. 1906], London and Tewin Water, Welwyn, Hertford; by inheritance to Sir Otto John Beit, 1st bart. [d. 1930], London and Tewin Water; by inheritance to his daughter, Mrs. Arthur Clifford Howie Bull [née Alice Angela Beit], Tewin Water and Bryndewen, Gwent, Wales; (Bull sale, Christie, Manson & Woods, London, 25 October 1946, no. 49, as by Veronese); (William Sabin, London). (Count Alessandro Contini-Bonacossi, Florence); sold July 1948 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1952 to NGA.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1945-1951. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 118, no. 49, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 196, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 131.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 118, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XVI-XVIII Century. London, 1973: 26-27, fig. 50.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 348, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:355-357, II:pl. 257, as Parmese School.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 223, no. 279, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 400, repro.
- Mündler, Otto. "The Travel Diaries of Otto Mündler." Ed. Carol Togneri Dowd. Walpole Society 51 (1985): 131-132, 327.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection