No overview available.
Marks and Labels
George Villiers, 1st Duke of Buckingham [d. 1628], London; by inheritance to George Villiers, 2nd Duke of Buckingham, London. Purchased in Antwerp by Leopold Wilhelm, Duke of Austria [d. 1662], and brought to Prague; Hapsburg Imperial Collection, Prague, until 1876; Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna; (M. Knoedler, London, New York and Paris); sold February 1952 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York;  gift 1952 to NGA.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Colllection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1951-56. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida and Fern Rusk Shapley. National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1956: 196, no. 78, repro.
- Walker, John. "The Nation's Newest Old Masters." The National Geographic Magazine 110, no. 5 (November 1956): 631, color repro. 637.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 207, repro.
- The National Gallery of Art and Its Collections. Foreword by Perry B. Cott and notes by Otto Stelzer. National Gallery of Art, Washington (undated, 1960s): 26, repro.
- Seymour 1961 (Kress), 126, repro. pl. 119
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. New York, 1963 (reprinted 1964 in French, German, and Spanish): 309, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 136.
- Cairns, Huntington, and John Walker, eds. A Pageant of Painting from the National Gallery of Art. 2 vols. New York, 1966: 1:184, color repro.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 123, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XVI-XVIII Century. London, 1973: 38-39, fig. 74.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 364, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:522-524, II:pl. 364
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 215, no. 262, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 422, repro.
- Brown, Beverly Louise. "Replication and the Art of Veronese." Studies in the History of Art 20 (1989):116-119, repro.
- Hand, John Oliver. National Gallery of Art: Master Paintings from the Collection. Washington and New York, 2004: 106, no. 80, color repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection