No overview available.
upper center in Virgin's halo: AVE*GRATIA*PLENA*DO[MINUS TECUM] (Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee), from Luke 1:28
Marks and Labels
Family chapel of a country house at Larniano, near San Gimignano, by about 1900. Count Silvio Piccolomini Clementini della Triana [1878-1962], Siena, in the 1920s and early 1930s. (Count Alessandro Contini-Bonacossi, Florence); sold June 1937 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1939 to NGA.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 177, no. 385.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 247, repro. 183.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 120
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XIII-XV Century. London, 1966: 146, fig. 392.
- Bereson, Bernard. Italian Pictures of the Renaissance: Central Italian and North Italian Schools. 3 vols. London, 1968:1:383.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 107, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 318, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:413-414, II:pl. 294
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 366, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 617-621, color repro.
- Harris, Neil. Capital Culture: J. Carter Brown, the National Gallery of Art, and the Reinvention of the Museum Experience. Chicago, 2013: 235, 246, 248, 250.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection