Marks and Labels
Recorded as from New York City. Purchased in 1947 by Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1953.
- American Naive Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, Terra Museum of American Art, Evanston, Illinois, 1981-1982, no. 12 (cat. by Ronald McKnight Melvin).
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Helene A. von Damm, U.S. Embassy residence, Vienna, Austria, 1983-1986.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 298, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 279-281, color repro. 280.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 261, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection