Recorded as from Pennsylvania. Purchased in 1951 by Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1953.
- Extended loan for use in Chief Justice Rehnquist's chambers, 1986-1992.
- Extended loan for by The Supreme Court of the United States, Washington, D.C., 1981-1992.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 267, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 392, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 433, repro. 432.